• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JV400-160LX and Roland SOLJET PRO III XC-540 Printer/Cutter

Anointed

Hello,

Please I need help to choose buying a second hand large format printer. I've been presented with
Mimaki JV400-160LX $4500 and Roland SOLJET PRO III XC-540 Printer/Cutter for $5500.
I'm new in large format printers and not sure which to go for. Please does anyone has advise or recommendation for me.

Thanks in advance
J

Last edited:

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The JV400 was a failed machine and Mimaki even gave them away if you bought one of their UV flatbeds. I have only heard bad things about them. The XC was a workhorse for a long time and people still run them but it's very old. It also requires 6 print heads which will cost $$$$ in the long run. I would look for a used Mutoh ValueJet or Mimaki JV33 or JV150 (CJV30 or CJV150 if you want print/cut)

yannb

The JV400 was a failed machine and Mimaki even gave them away if you bought one of their UV flatbeds. I have only heard bad things about them. The XC was a workhorse for a long time and people still run them but it's very old. It also requires 6 print heads which will cost $$$$ in the long run. I would look for a used Mutoh ValueJet or Mimaki JV33 or JV150 (CJV30 or CJV150 if you want print/cut)

I remember that the JV400LX would do intermittent cleanings during a print job, resulting in visible stripes when it would resume printing. We sold some, but had to take them all back. We sent them back to Mimaki. The JV400SUV was better though.

Anointed

Thanks for the feedback. I won't proceed then. Mutoh ValueJet or Mimaki JV33 or JV150 (CJV30 or CJV150) is hard to find in my state. I've come across Roland VersaArt RS-640 64” Eco-solven. Has Been Warehoused couple of Months and up for sale....Please any advice? Thanks in advance

Anointed

I remember that the JV400LX would do intermittent cleanings during a print job, resulting in visible stripes when it would resume printing. We sold some, but had to take them all back. We sent them back to Mimaki. The JV400SUV was better though.
Thanks for the feedback. I won't proceed then. Mutoh ValueJet or Mimaki JV33 or JV150 (CJV30 or CJV150) is hard to find in my state. I've come across Roland VersaArt RS-640 64” Eco-solven. Has Been Warehoused couple of Months and up for sale....Please any advice? Thanks in advance

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Couple of months in warehouse doesn't do any good for any printer. If you can test it there and verify it's good, maybe for a cheap price...

ABDUL SITAB

Hello,

Please I need help to choose buying a second hand large format printer. I've been presented with
Mimaki JV400-160LX $4500 and Roland SOLJET PRO III XC-540 Printer/Cutter for $5500.
I'm new in large format printers and not sure which to go for. Please does anyone has advise or recommendation for me.

Thanks in advance
J
Hi - Did you find a printer yet? I might have a Roland Soljet pro4 printer cutter that might need only the heads. Already has brand new dampers and cap tops

Anointed

Hi - Did you find a printer yet? I might have a Roland Soljet pro4 printer cutter that might need only the heads. Already has brand new dampers and cap tops
Yeah I ended up buying a Roland RS-64 Vera Art wide format sign & poster printer from auction. It doesn't print at the moment because it's been sitting for nearly 2 years and I'm currently trying to get it going again with several maintenance...