• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki Jv5 Dampers

Billings Sign Pro

Sign Company
While doing my usual test prints before running banners i noticed a complete loss of a cyan test on one of my heads, when i opened up the carriage to have a look at the ink lines i noticed air coming into all four cyan lines on that side. I was told that it is likely a damper so we ordered a couple of them, my question is 1. How do i properly prime these dampers, and 2. would a failure in one of those dampers lead to air in all four lines? Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks!

JasonMeisnerSTS

Hello Ian,

A failure in one of those dampers would NOT lead to air in all four lines. As for the proper way to do an ink fill up to get the ink through the dampers and into the heads, I will post in the next hour or so when my technician gives me the proper way to do it by the book.