• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Mimaki Print Issue - Help Please

Having trouble with printing on my mimaki cjv30-60. Been through 2 head soaks (nozzle wash) and getting black splatter in test print. See attached. Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• 16343464280796548540953149086934.jpg
    16343464280796548540953149086934.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 343

dudeinthemoon

This splatter might be because of dirt on a wiper or cap, and black color mixed on yellow means the printhead needs to be replaced

hybriddesign

owner Hybrid Design
either you’ve got something dragging off the head carriage (lint, piece of vinyl, etc) which is likely near the black head and is causing those marks of the head is damaged but I’m betting it’s something dragging. Look everywhere with a flashlight, not just next to the head.

you’ll often get ink mixing between channels right after a long soak. If it doesn’t clear after a few cleanings you would then worry.

it could be a damaged head but I wouldn’t jump to that conclusion yet.

Mikee

Hello.. you should be able to send the printhead to the left hand side where there is clearance, and you can get to the head. CLEAN (WIPE) THE HEAD IN ONE DIRECTION with a lint free cloth with some Mimaki cleaner, not too heavy..
also.. check the CLEANING station for any contaminants.
Do a proper head clean.

and.. Good luck..!

gabagoo

I had a similar issue with my Mimaki about a year ago after printing on scrim banner material. Turns out that on the far right side of the print carriage there are these 3 clips that hang down...this is where debris got stuck and hung down low enough to cause the smears. I now routinely check that area, especially after printing on any kind of banner material.

rvolkers

the head needs a good cleaning (BASED) on the cyan printout - i would also - move the carriage head to the left end and check it with a light and then do a
a manual clean around and across with a sponge TIP - (do NOT use cotton q-tips ever asking for trouble!) - based on your image it looks like hair or lint dragging on the head!

a good maintenance is crucial
1- clean the head (using the maintenace on the panel) and clean wiper - everyday and run a test print
2- once a week clean all around the caping station and soak fro 10 mins
3- once every 2 weeks move the carriage to the left and manually clean around the head and check with a light

* keep your equipment dusted and lint free and keep the printing area clean as well AND never clean or dust when printing!

i agree 100% with gabagoo - banner material will cause NOTHING but problems if equipment is kept un-clean!

rvolkers

Are cleaning swabs with cleaning solution ok on the head?
yes - as long as they are sponge - clean really good around the edges and the LIGHTLY sponge over the head -- it is best to check the head with a light - BEFORE doing anything!
sometimes there is vinyl fragments and lint on the head - CHECK HEAD FIRST!