• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki printer profiles

John Miller

Hi all, I've replaced my trusty Roland 545EX battle wagon with a Mimaki CJV 150-160. Although the Mimaki should print considerably faster than the old Roland, I'm not getting the speed I expected. I print Arlon vinyl. Can someone steer me toward good profiles. The output I'm getting is great but speed is lacking. I'm using the profiles the tech who installed the printer gave me.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
You can download the profiles on Mimaki website. Too many you can download to play.

We also have original Mimaki SS21 ink cartridge that we ship daily from S. California.

** Premier Colour Inc is an authorized Mimaki dealer from S. California.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
What profile are you using? I usually use the Mimaki GPVC(SPC706) 720x1080 8 pass and 540x720 4-8 pass. I'm probably not the best person to take this sort of advice from but maybe it will work for you

JFitzgerald

Hi all, I've replaced my trusty Roland 545EX battle wagon with a Mimaki CJV 150-160. Although the Mimaki should print considerably faster than the old Roland, I'm not getting the speed I expected. I print Arlon vinyl. Can someone steer me toward good profiles. The output I'm getting is great but speed is lacking. I'm using the profiles the tech who installed the printer gave me.
What are you considering slow? How many sq ft/ hr are you getting and which profile are you using now?

Witer

I noticed the same, 2 print heads should be faster. However it seems that mimaki JV is slower then Roland with one print head.

When using 8 colors the printing speed decreases ,,, for higher speed it is recommended double CMYK. but here you can downland some profiles since I'm reviewing and there is no 540X720 profile see link bellow.
once you download the profile according to the characteristics you need ..

close the rasterlink program. and open one called profile manager in the first option is to load profiles give the location of the downloaded profile select it and press the down arrow and accept with this you will have a new profile in rasterlink.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The 8 color setup is going to be slower than the advertised top speed for that machine. The fastest setup would be 4 color.

rvolkers

if you are using rasterlink 6
we use this FOR ALL JOBS and it is the Best on all media

set up as follows
Media ( PVC Matte - MPC(442)v3
Pass = 12
Bi - Directional
Speed - normal

John Miller

Great solution. I spoke with a Mimaki tech support guy last night. He directed me to profile update which is a web based site that lists, for my machine, with the 8 ink setup, over 3000 profiles. Some as low as 360x360. Just for fun I installed a 360x540 profile and did a test print. As far as I'm concerned, unless we need a really detailed print, this resolution works fine for general sign printing.

JFitzgerald

That can be done but means flushing the lines and re-configuring the machine's set-up. We intend to hold off on that unless there are no other options.
Yes, just depends on what you are looking for the orange and light black do add to gradients and reds and greens but dual CMYK does have more speed! Sounds like you are on good track. You can also download profiles from RLP.