• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki Rasterlink 5 & Mimaki JV33-130 Computer Shut Down During Print

Krystal Karls

Hi All,

Last night I was working on a 10' print and my computer decide to shut down (even though I changed the settings for it to never shut down) and my printer stopped printing with about 10" left to go. I did send the file to the printer using RIP and PRINT and was hoping when the computer got back up and running it would pick up where it left off. I don't want to have to redo the whole print if there is something that can be done but haven't had any luck with and searches.

Has anyone else had this happen and been able to restart the print?

Thanks!

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
As far as I know, if your computer completely shut down, then no, there wouldn't be any other way then restarting it, unless you wanted to splice 2 pieces together, you could send a new file with a little more then the area it didn't print then try to put both pieces together, but it all depends what the application is and on what.