• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Mimaki S80600 leaking ink

Mike Brice

We've had the S80600 for a little over 2 years now with very minimal problems. In between regular head maintenance I started to notice horizontal banding for the first time. When I opened the hood I found that my M/R capping station
was leaking ink.... badly. I can't find anything online to address this issue and I'd like, if at all possible, to keep from calling in a tech. Has anyone had this issue or know how to correct it.

Attachments

• IMG-2770.jpg
    IMG-2770.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 241
  • IMG-2771.jpg
    IMG-2771.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 156
  • IMG-2772.jpg
    IMG-2772.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 131

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Looks very much like ours. We have some tiny foam swabs that we use to clean up that tiny bit of spillage. Hasn't caused us any banding issues though.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Call in Decision1 if you can't find the source of the leak yourself. I'd bet it is the damper unit on top of the print heads.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Ouch, should've proofread that before posting. Ugh. Regardless, the Epson is much better than the piece of plastic garbage HP 360 that we junked to buy this.

Don't worry. I work with Mimaki and Mutoh so much that I find my self saying Mimuki all the time!

yannb

The area around the cappings can be cleaned with the sticks. If you experience banding, I recommend printing at 8pass HQ. If it’s not over, then do a couple of heavy cleanings.