• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki UCJV 300-160 / Cyan channel missing

arsim

hi! I just got a problem with my Mimaki UCJV 300-160. Head 1 is missing the complete CYAN channel.
5–6-time cleaning + 2 sessions of Ink Fill-up and it is not coming back :(.
Did any of you had a case like this? is there anything that can be done??

Attachments

• Head 1 cyan missing.jpg
    Head 1 cyan missing.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 150

Dasdesignguy

Production Manager/Field Service Tech
Usually when that happens, and there is not any type of error, the issue is with the head not capping properly. Check that the head is capping properly, It may need an adjustment and that can be done in the service menu. If you still have the install manual it explains how to adjust it perfectly.

arsim

Usually when that happens, and there is not any type of error, the issue is with the head not capping properly. Check that the head is capping properly, It may need an adjustment and that can be done in the service menu. If you still have the install manual it explains how to adjust it perfectly.
Thank you! I will check that...I was afraid that it was to do something with printhead!
I am using CMYK CMYK configuration, and I was surprised that I was not able to use only one Printhead to continue work with half of the speed?
Do you know can I do that? I appreciate your help!

Smoke_Jaguar

If you feel daring and want to mess with the service mode, you might be able to trick the printer into thinking it is a single head UCJV150 printer, but that might cause all sorts of headaches. Possible in theory, better to pursue an appropriate fix.

Also, better to hit the Mimaki section of the forums, I think Help Wanted in classifieds is for folks looking for employees and contractors and such.