• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

[Mimaki UCJV-300 160] Patchy Print

kienkien

Hi all, i started to have the patchy print and it's getting obvious when using 600 x 600 16 pass.
It's strange that 300 x 900 12 pass is better then 600 x 600 16 pass.
Just bought the printer on Jan 2022 and already informed the technician regarding this and till now they didn't have any solution for this yet.
Anyone got any idea on this?

Your prompt response would be highly appreciated. Thanks!​

Attachments

• 600 x 600 16 pass.jpg
    600 x 600 16 pass.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 283
  • 300 x 900 12 pass.jpg
    300 x 900 12 pass.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 172

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Have you tried an air purge yet? I usually start there with patchy printing. Are you getting any errors?

kffernandez

that is probably caused by the deformation of your media due to changes in the environment. do you notice that small tunnels are forming, such that some parts are higher and some parts are lower? the parts that are higher are probably the ones that show the patchy prints. as a solution, you can:
(1) try to acclimate your media to your print room by leaving it for a while in there.
(2) speed up the print so that you print faster than it deforms, or
(3) change medias.

kienkien

Al
Have you tried an air purge yet? I usually start there with patchy printing. Are you getting any errors?
Already..but still same
that is probably caused by the deformation of your media due to changes in the environment. do you notice that small tunnels are forming, such that some parts are higher and some parts are lower? the parts that are higher are probably the ones that show the patchy prints. as a solution, you can:
(1) try to acclimate your media to

(1) try to acclimate your media to your print room by leaving it for a while in there.
(2) speed up the print so that you print faster than it deforms, or
(3) change medias.
Don't think it's the media problem..because you see the 300 x 900 is using the same material right after I print using 600 X 600

Sean@CedarHouse

Printing Money
I almost feel like it's just a profile issue. Have you tried a different 600x600 profile
Well.. I've tried several different profiles, however I just run jobs like this through my Roland LEC2. Because it doesn't require profiles.

But.... I'll continue to tinker and see if I find something that works. Let you all know what I find. If I do.

Retro Graphics

I've seen something like that but I just print everything at 1200 x 1200 now and charge accordingly. A thicker ink coat will also be stronger against abrasion, and since it's UV it's dry soon as it comes off the printer so it only affects print time a bit.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Well.. I've tried several different profiles, however I just run jobs like this through my Roland LEC2. Because it doesn't require profiles.

But.... I'll continue to tinker and see if I find something that works. Let you all know what I find. If I do.
Every printer print mode as a profile.

Retro Graphics

where did you get your profile from? you can get some profiles from mimakis website and sometimes you can get profiles from the print medias website.