• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

[Mimaki UCJV300-160] Which setting and profile to use when printing translucent film / sticker?

kienkien

Hi all.
Can i know which profile or setting to use to get nice saturate and rich color when printing on translucent film or sticker? mine is UCJV300-160.

Normally what i do here is select [overprint 2] from the profile that i use for printing white vinyl.

Any better way to get a saturate and rich color result?

Thanks.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Do you have the ability to create custom profiles? You could create a new profile with increased ink limits which might possibly help.

This is assuming you don't have white ink. We created a custom profile for W+CMYK that we use for clear prints on our UCJV.

CMY_K?

I have the same machine, but with white ink, so that makes it pretty easy. However, I did have a job recently in which I needed to print a CMYK gradient onto some MacTac B Free frosted vinyl. I HAD TO OVEPRINT 4x using one of my standard profiles! In my experience, UV inks are just way more transparent than solvent, latex, etc.

In the attached pic, the cyan color is at 100% at the top of the gradient.
IMG-6697.jpg

IMG-6697.jpg