• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Mimaki UJF-3042 Error 12e Head failure Strangeness

Tipgypsy

My Best printer with perfect head tests started dropping nozzles / Lost Half the print pattern then changing symptoms to distorted print patterns and finally 12e errors intermittently I cleaned the FFC connectors on slider and slider relay boards same issue but head Yellow/ Black completley unusable test print then immediate 12e error.
I replaced the head with a new one. Perfect pattern /test print printed 5 mins into a job and 12e error again. Visually inspected the ffc cables all 3 and did a continuity test of the cables-all showed as good - I can't see anything wrong with it/them. still getting an intermittent 12e . I swapped out the slider board and did a new test print - same issue but Intermittent 12e , I'm ordering a new set of ffc cables - just assuming there is an intermittent break in one of the leads - Printers in good condition but has a lot of miles on it. Ive not had an ffc cable problem like this before.

wleong

Did you just open them up and order the replacement parts? Do you have access to any manuals? Any tips you can provide would be appreciated. I need to replace a pump.

Tipgypsy

Best advice, Look at how complex the job would be and honestly evaluate your skill to do it. Are there any special adjustments needed, do you have the right tools. What will you do if you install the part and the machine isn't fixed. Tech manuals are scarce and copyrighted, Parts are crazy expensive and mostly you cant return anything once you buy it. You will eventually have to buy parts & Supplies from someone, establish a positive relationship with that business - Tell them what your doing and see what resources they have available. Usually they have techs that you can access for a reasonable cost. The techs have the manuals and the training to do or advise you on most anything on the Mimaki printers. This is where you learn.

I guess the 12e Error post was kinda hijacked lol - Ill have the cables replaced soon as the parts arrive and then its back on line .

Last edited:

Rebelious1

Tipgypsy,

Your August 2021 Post is exactly what I have done. New yellow/black print head and not getting error 12e.
What finally fixed the error 12e problem?

Smoke_Jaguar

Best bet is look for connector issues, see if the cable is snugly fit and squared in its connector. The connections can be quite stiff, so can bend the flex cable or even snap conductors. That said, error conditions from service manual attached.

Attachments

• 12e.png
    12e.png
    68.9 KB · Views: 36

Tipgypsy

Tipgypsy,

Your August 2021 Post is exactly what I have done. New yellow/black print head and not getting error 12e.
What finally fixed the error 12e problem?
It was two problems , a bad flex cable and the head carrier was too high off the capping station - losing the seal on on yellow/black. The new cable fixed the 12e error and lowering the head carrier to specs got my Ink back.