• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki UJF 3042 HG printhead problem

Catalinkta

Hello all !
Our printer is an UJF3042 HG, uv flatbed a3, and we use LH 100 original Mimaki ink. The printer have 4 printheads with an " official " value of about 2.500 euros each.
Because 3 of them needed to be replaced, we bought one from digiprint supplyes. This site offers 2 variants : one "original" Mimaki printhead at 1700 euro, and one "compatible" Ricoh printhead at 900 euro. All we know is these printheads are produced by Ricoh and should be the same product. We bought thebcheaper one.
Problem is that after installing it ( by an technician ) we have big problems regarding missing nozzles. At first it was perfect, but after only about 3 days we had somethimg like 15 missing on cyan an a couple on magenta. We recover it and very soon this problem reappeared, this time we stil did not menaged to recover it entirely, and stil trying.
This printhead is cyan/magenta , and is the first, starting from the lamp, so it is very affected by the lamp anyway.
Mi impression is that is about semi-hardened ink on the nozzle surface.
Anyone had similar problems, it is about printhead itself ?
In my experience this kind of thing it is natural to happen, but shoud be resolved with relative ease, after a nozzle wash and a few cleanings.

vsdesigner

Hello all !
Our printer is an UJF3042 HG, uv flatbed a3, and we use LH 100 original Mimaki ink. The printer have 4 printheads with an " official " value of about 2.500 euros each.
Because 3 of them needed to be replaced, we bought one from digiprint supplyes. This site offers 2 variants : one "original" Mimaki printhead at 1700 euro, and one "compatible" Ricoh printhead at 900 euro. All we know is these printheads are produced by Ricoh and should be the same product. We bought thebcheaper one.
Problem is that after installing it ( by an technician ) we have big problems regarding missing nozzles. At first it was perfect, but after only about 3 days we had somethimg like 15 missing on cyan an a couple on magenta. We recover it and very soon this problem reappeared, this time we stil did not menaged to recover it entirely, and stil trying.
This printhead is cyan/magenta , and is the first, starting from the lamp, so it is very affected by the lamp anyway.
Mi impression is that is about semi-hardened ink on the nozzle surface.
Anyone had similar problems, it is about printhead itself ?
In my experience this kind of thing it is natural to happen, but shoud be resolved with relative ease, after a nozzle wash and a few cleanings.
Hello Catalinkta, Hi, I have a problem with a head, and I bought a ricoh head on the same site, I'll get it tomorrow, and seeing this post of yours, I'm afraid, did you manage to solve the problem?

KInd regards
Vitor