• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki UJF-3042HG Kebab Origin Point problem

TassaDarK

Hi! We have this printer with the kebab accesory.

We need to do a very simple thing: to place a logo in a specific X,Y position in a bottle.

Easy, right? We think 3 ways to do this:

1) In our design program, make a work with same page size as the printable area in the bottle and place the logo in our desired X,Y coordinates. This option doesn't work for us because adds A LOT of printing time (it does a 360º rotation at printing speed for only print some centimeters) and we have 5000 bottles...

2) Use the technique in this video:

and take advantage of the machine's opos sensor and the origin mark detection function in the machine. We tried this in every way and think that our sensor doesn't work (we really never used it before, maybe it's broken from factory and we never know it).

3) Set the start position of the drawing (Kebab OriginSet) in the machine. Presumably with this you can define in the machine a 'start point' for the drawing. You can move with the arrow buttons a laser pointer in the header left and right (Y axis for the machine) and rotate the bottle (X axis) for the machine. When you press ENTER it should save both axis but only 'records' the Y axis and totally ignore the rotation entered previously. This drive us crazy because we don't understand why! So we can only place the logo in the Y axis but cannot enter a 'default rotation' before start printing.

Any ideas? Are we doing something wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

I attach image for clarity.

(PS: Sorry my english, it's not my native speaking language...)

Attachments

• 2021-04-07 16_04_34-Clipboard.jpg
    2021-04-07 16_04_34-Clipboard.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 187