• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki UJF-6042 - Error Code: 12a Head Faild [0010]

PlanetPrinter

Hello All,

We've received the following error code on one of our Mimaki UJF-6042 printers:

ERROR 12a
Head Faild [0010]

I've contacted our dealer tech and ran through his recommended steps to try and resolve the error:
- Turn off power to machine (front panel button, and switch on back of machine)
- Un-plug machine from power outlet.
- Disconnect and re-seat ribbon cables from board in the carriage.

After those steps were completed, we fired up the machine after letting it sit for about 10 minutes. We attempted a test print; the carriage passed over the test media once, and then retracted to it's original position. The same error code appeared again.

I've also attempted to contact Mimaki tech support, but I'm still waiting for them to get back to us.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, as I'm beginning to rip my hair out over these printers now :banghead:.

PlanetPrinter

Update : Mimaki UJF-6042 - Error Code: 12a Head Faild [0010]

So it's been a few months since I've been actively on the boards, and I have an update to the issue that we experienced with our UJF-6042...

After much trial, error, and disassembly we found out the the printer had a faulty PCB Silder Board.

After replacing that part, we've had minimal issues with the printer, with one exception: we can never turn the power off, or we receive the same error message again. In order to fix that error message, we have to power down the machine and re-connect some of the cables that run from the PCB Slider Board to the PCS Slider Relay.

Hope this helps anyone that has similar issues with these printers!

vsdesigner

So it's been a few months since I've been actively on the boards, and I have an update to the issue that we experienced with our UJF-6042...

After much trial, error, and disassembly we found out the the printer had a faulty PCB Silder Board.

After replacing that part, we've had minimal issues with the printer, with one exception: we can never turn the power off, or we receive the same error message again. In order to fix that error message, we have to power down the machine and re-connect some of the cables that run from the PCB Slider Board to the PCS Slider Relay.

Hope this helps anyone that has similar issues with these printers!
I have the same problem, did you change the PCB Slider Board yourself? If yes, do you have a video or tutorial ?? Thanks in advance.

Mrkopr

I have the same problem, did you change the PCB Slider Board yourself? If yes, do you have a video or tutorial ?? Thanks in advance.
Yes! I have this issue now and was wondering if this is a tech thing or DYI . I have had the Mimaki for 7 years and have done a lot of work on it myself throughout the years. but there is no video out there or information on this process. Thank you for any information you can provide. cheers

Smoke_Jaguar

Slider PCB isn't hard to get to remove the right-hand covers, remove printhead cover, board is on top. Lots of tubing and wiring, but probably only a couple of hours of work. As with any circuit board, grounding is key to keep from exploding things.

Mrkopr

OK HERE is and WAS my problem 1st I have one of the OG 6042"s they wanted to replace everything and the head as usual. but I realized i might have got ink on my board more so where the FFC cable connects. I replaced the FFC cable removed and cleaned t my board with 97 Alcohol let it drip dry upside down and blew air until dry. i let set for a day and rehooked everything up and presto 100% again 8 years and still havent replaced a head!! that was close tho.
cheers

Mrkopr

OK HERE is and WAS my problem 1st I have one of the OG 6042"s they wanted to replace everything and the head as usual. but I realized i might have got ink on my board more so where the FFC cable connects. I replaced the FFC cable removed and cleaned t my board with 97 Alcohol let it drip dry upside down and blew air until dry. i let set for a day and rehooked everything up and presto 100% again 8 years and still havent replaced a head!! that was close tho.
cheers
also i found this was the problem i originaly had with missing nozzles M C