• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Mimaki UJF 6042 Replace Wiper Nozzle

Alliess

Hello!
Is there anyone able to make me understand one thing about mimaki ujf?
I am working with mimaki since 1 year. I recently replaced a new wiper and then some problems (like missing nozzles) started to give me headaches, until I found out I have placed the wiper wrong, with back to front.
I checked the operation manual, the internet, the forums and I still don't get how to FIT it well.
After I put it with the front and back correctly, do I have to PRESS it until I hear a click or something? Or I just place it and that's it?
Thank you!

nate02

You will not hear much of a click. Putting this on backwards could damage the fitting it plugs into. I'd pop it off and look to see if there are any cracks on the tube fitting. Also look for excess ink on the outside of the tube and on the frame / rails below. We recently had this issue. The wiper seemed to be working but we had a lot of ink not making it's way into the tube. The wiper assembly is a pain to replace. If the tube fitting is damaged, see if you can get that piece alone.