• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Mimaki UJF3042 MkII EX - Printing crooked/tilted/slanted

AnaM

Hi! I’m desperate, I own a Mimaki UJF3042 MKii Ex and since I bought it, it prints crooked (quality is ok, just final result is tilted).

It happens on every media, so, I know it’s not exactly what I try to print. We usually print phone cases and water bottles, in water bottles is not very notorious (still tilted).

When we print the phone cases is very notorious since it needs to be exact (I own a straight jig and exact measurements for each model from supplier, but it is not useful since angle of the machine is bad).
If we print on phone cases, pper left corner is covered, but lower left corner don't. Quality of printing is perfect, just alignment is wrong.

Anyone knows if there is a way to adjust perfectly this? Or what/where is the problem?

Last edited:

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Usually a crooked print is a sign of a dirty or damaged encoder but usually in that case you will get more of a stair stepping pattern not just a crooked print. If the edges of the print look like tiny little steps, I'd start by cleaning the encoder.

Other than that, while it's true that perfection is impossible, you should be able to get pretty close. That machine has adjustments that make sure the head carriage is parallel with the platen, the head itself is parallel with the platen, the bed is level, and the gap between the head and platen is the proper distance. Any of those adjustments could affect the straightness of the print. Unfortunately it's not something easily explained. You might want to call in an experienced tech to calibrate everything for you. That's not something I usually suggest as a DIY part supplier but these machines are a little more complex than the standard roll to roll printer.

Also, can you just bleed your images?