• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki wiper error

CL Graphics

Mimaki JV3 keeps getting a wiper error when it cycles every couple hours or so when the its not on. It did this before about a year or so ago and I cleaned it and oiled the shafts the wiper runs on. I tried doing that yesterday and it was errored out again this morning when I came in. Also just did it again. I will try cleaning and oiling it again. If that doesnt help I am out of ideas.

Letterbox Mike

You might have to pull the wiper assembly out and clean the gears and the belt drive in there. We had a similar issue a year or so ago and we had to go that far to resolve it. It's not terribly difficult to do but it is messy.

To prevent it in the future, when you're doing your routine cleaning on the printer (swabbing the heads, capping station, etc.), make sure you really get down in there and clean the belt and gears and shafts as well as you possibly can.

Check and see if the small micro-switch that the wiper engages when in it's home position and make sure it's not plugged up with ink. If the printer doesn't know when to stop turning the Wiper Motor it will over-current and cause an error. Do you remember the exact Error code?

CL Graphics

thanks guys. Just got it back together. It was a mess. Cleaned it up best I could and I works a lot smoother now. The printer did eat one of the screws. Looked for about 15 minutes for it and finally gave up. Seems like every time I take something apart on this thing I loose at least one screw. Any ideas where I can buy a few of these to keep around for spares.