• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimkai JV33 Capping Station Adjustment

Hello all,
I have seen a similar post to my issue here https://www.signs101.com/threads/how-to-adjust-jv33-capping-station.117009/ and in that post it says you can adjust the capping station position with the control panel.

It's all new after a service as is the head but since installation I've got a lot of M missing from the test print.

The engineer said to look at the head and I should see a line where it seals with the cap, which in the attached I can see it isn't sealing at one end which is the M end of the test print so that makes sense, but he said 'if this is a new one i think a further visit will be needed to find out how it has moved. The position was good at the visit I made but its possible that the frame that holds it has moved, It cannot be adjusted other than by moving the frame at the bottom or fitting a new part'

So can it be adjusted through the control panel using the pdf from the original topic, also attached, or does it have to be moved physically/mechanically?
20220223_162812.jpg

Thanks!

Attachments

• JV33-CJV Capping Alignment.pdf
    192.3 KB · Views: 172

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
A temporary fix that I have used in the past is to shim the slider. Basically I cut the plastic handle off a swab and taped it to the part of the slider that comes in contact with the head. It pushes the position of the cap over to the left a little and should allow it to seal. That will at least get you up and running. Unfortunately I don't know what would cause it to be off that much. I know you've put a new station in so the slider should not be worn down which is usually the cause of the offset.

Last edited:
A temporary fix that I have used in the past is to shim the slider. Basically I cut the plastic handle off a swab and taped it to the part of the slider that comes in contact with the head. It pushes the position of the cap over to the left a little and should allow it to seal. That will at least get you up and running. Unfortunately I don't know what would cause it to be off that much. I know you've put a new station in so the slider should not be worn down which is usually the cause of the offset.
Thanks for the tip, do you mean it pushes the cap over to the right a bit though?

It's hard to figure out which way it need to go, in my pic of the head the spring is at the front of the machine and the black lug bit at the end of the spring is on the right of the machine, but looking into where the head sits on the cap when it is parked, it looks like it needs to move to the left, not sure anymore, going a bit snow-blind with it now.

Attachments

• 20220223_162529.jpg
    20220223_162529.jpg
    1,012.3 KB · Views: 226
I suppose, as I believe the height of the cap is adjustable, if it is high it will go further one way when raised up as the head presses on the black plastic that raises it, and if it's low it would effectively move it the other way?

Guess who, another thing to point out is the engineer didn't replace the cap slider in the service as he said the one in there was ok.

Hybrid Services who are main dealer for Mimaki in the UK said 'From what you are describing it looks like it needs a component further down in the capping station to be replaced'

The engineer who did the service and head replacement has washed his hands of it now despite it having test print issues from my first use of the machine after he had done the work.

'I know you've put a new station in so the slider should not be worn down which is usually the cause of the offset.' I think this is what it is then isn't it, he didn't put the cap slider in and now it's offset? Looking online it looks easy enough to do, but like all these things when you are dealing with doing it yourself and don't want to damage a new head which are expensive, it puts you off a bit.

Black Star

Not A New Member
I installed a new capping station assembly on my JV33 a few years ago and it would not line up no matter what I did. I had to put a shim on on the capping station where the head hits it to make sure it lined up properly. It seemed like a stupid thing to have to do but I didn't have any other choices. It has worked for many years but I still don't understand why or how it was off in the first place.

I installed a new capping station assembly on my JV33 a few years ago and it would not line up no matter what I did. I had to put a shim on on the capping station where the head hits it to make sure it lined up properly. It seemed like a stupid thing to have to do but I didn't have any other choices. It has worked for many years but I still don't understand why or how it was off in the first place.
Thanks, I did try it with 1mm shim but not 100% sure if I want it to move that way or the other way and didn't see any immediate improvement, although this has been going on for a month now so might be another issue crept in now.

Put the cap slider in and all sorted.

Bit confused by another engineer I spoke to on the phone who said when installing that slider to be careful of the metal plate at 45 deg beside capping station as if I don't screw it down again it will catch the head and ruin it, but from what I can see that screw is in the base of the capping station not the slider.

Another thing I saw is the original engineer didn't put both waste tubes back on the bottom of capping station.

All ok now apart from one line missing from C but will try a head soak for that.

Attachments

• 20220301_170206.jpg
    20220301_170206.jpg
    455.1 KB · Views: 217
  • 20220301_171538.jpg
    20220301_171538.jpg
    265.2 KB · Views: 192