• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

misaligned cutcontour sp300

sardocs

For some mysterious reason the cutcontours on my sp300 have shifted 3/8" over to the right. I'm printing then cutting mcvp without removing to laminate. The encoder strip seems clean. I did env match and lightened the cut pressure as was mentioned in the search results I was able to find, but still no change. Anybody here got any insight or experience with this issue?

ova

Just happened to me the other day. Changed the encoder strip, did all the calibrations and everything was good.

Came back the next the day, send a job for print and cut and the cut was off almost .25" off. Was ready to flip out but took a step back and remembered how much the printer cost.

Took the covers off again and looked at it with a flash light to find something somewhere on it. Couldn't find anything, but did clean it anyway.

Prints and cuts fine now. Must have been something on it somewhere.

After saying all this, try cleaning the encoder strip

Dave

splizaat

Alcohol only. Is it 3/8" off all the way across the printer or just on the far end of the parking station?

What's your cut speed?? I changed mine down to about 13 (ya, slow) but my cuts are spot-on even after a 10foot section of little stickers. I don't mind waiting the extra cut time if I saves me money in messed up stickers.

sardocs

It is off all the way across. It does it on all the files I've tried so far. Mostly a bunch of small decals 2" square. I left a white 1/8" margin all around the design. The cuts are through the ink on one side. The whole batches are only 36" long.

Jason_Elliott

If you can get into service mode...perform the print/cut adj and see if the results on this test resemble what your prints are. If so adjust it and reprint your job and see it is fixed.

Encoder strips can cause it to be off but seriously unlikely. If the drive cable is loose this will be more of a problem. You need a special tool to check the tension. But if you have this tool, the drive cable needs to be around 13lbs of tension. If you do have to adjust the cable tension you will have to run the print/cut adj to re-align.

Is the media tracking properly through the machine? If so then go to the obvious and check the print cut adj test in service mode, not the user mode test.

cajun312

My SP-300V started doing the same thing, cut line offset to the left looking at the media in the printer. I tried the adjustments, did a cleaning of the encoder strip but same results.
I decided to turn off the printer from the main switch, turned it back on and now the cuts are exactly where they need to be.

Mark

splizaat

If you have cleaned your encoder strip, done an environmental match, slowed down the cut speed and still have issues with alignment (after aligning again).....You may want to check into the carriage cable tension.

Our cuts were ONLY off in the center and on the left and we put about 1/4-1/2 turn on the carriage tension, recalibrated cut/print and then it started cutting perfectly...BUT that was when it was only off center and left side of the media, not all the way across.

I might also add, that IF you over tighten the cable, it WILL overwork the motor and cause failure...just a warning.