• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

MISys Manufacturing Software

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
Just curious if anyone here uses it?

I'm not sure why, but I have not found an actual print/sign shop software that I like. Being a fairly high volume, low customization shop, we have more in common with a small manufacturer than we do a wrap shop when it comes to tracking our inventory and workflow.

We're working on completely rebuilding our internal Filemaker system for 2023, but I don't want to deal with inventory, accounting, purchasing, receiving. I want to use Filemaker to focus on our true value-added process (which is print production) and have something like MISys do the rest.

Got a Demo of MISys the other day, and it feels like it would work pretty well, even though it's about $25k less than the next closest option when it comes to a manufacturing ERP/MRP.

ColorCrest

All around shop helper.
I'm not sure why, but I have not found an actual print/sign shop software that I like.
It's because you already know you can build your own software to be "just so" and it's easy to do except your clock only gives you 24 hours in a day just like everybody else. ;-)

Have you delegated FM dev chores such as UI and spreadsheet formulas to any employees so far?

In your new shop, do you have any opportunity to create old-school "line of sight" inventory on shelf units?

White Haus

Not a Newbie
I'm not sure why, but I have not found an actual print/sign shop software that I like.

Same here. Out of the box they're never designed the way I like and it usually just makes me wish I knew how to code/design my own apps. I haven't heard of MISys before but looks pretty powerful.

We've been evaluating PrintLogic and out of the box it's not perfect but they're very helpful when it comes to customizing it just the way we like it. Probably not even in the same arena as MISys but it's very well priced and we're going to give it a go.

ColorCrest

All around shop helper.
Just curious if anyone here uses it?
I have not used it but I have taken a quick look at their web page of features and a separate video. I'm sure they are a great company along with great software. However, unless you're up to ~100 employees in size with the volume, I feel you might use such a small portion of the MISys capability that the expense might be better used to grow-out your existing FM solution to accommodate current inventory needs.

Sometimes investors ask for regular and granular inventory reports. MISys would certainly be a quick solution for that scenario albeit somewhat disparate or inconvenient just being another software to manage and service.

I haven't looked closely enough but are certain "modules" each at extra cost? Many (or all) of those modular features should already be in an order management solution tied especially to products and line items. How will MISys handle data entry for order each line item from orders or will double-entry be required? How will inventory be handled for variances (remake / rework) of line item materials and / or labor?

That's my take so far.