• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mixing different brands of third party inks

SSG_SIGNS

Here's a question for all the inkjet printer users. We just converted to the Triangle cartridge system on our JV3, we still have a some of the old 11/10's left, brand new in the bag and used. Has anyone put an 11/10 in when they run out so you don't waste any of the ink or do you guys not suggest that at all? We are just trying to see what the general consensus in the printing world especially with the economy the way it is.

From what I have read, (and I may be wrong) you can usually mix OEM and aftermarket, but not aftermarket and aftermarket. I would go on the side of caution and just sell them on flea-bay.

signage

What could go wrong is clogged head! The carriers of the inks from manufacture to manufacture are most likely different and could have an adverse reaction when put together!