• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mock Capping for VJ 1604

jc1cell

What do you guys think about this little gizzmo as a mock capping station to keep the nozzles soaked overnight? Think something like this will work or damage head and all carriage components?

Randya, I'm sure you'll have good insight on this one also.

jc

Attachments

• Print Head Soak.jpg
    Print Head Soak.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 144

randya

I 've used similar for cleaning, but you have to be careful, if the solvent evaporates you will be in worse shape than if you left it capped.

too deep and you risk dissolving part of the head.

S

Sign-Man Signs

I must be doing something wrong. Our Mutoh Prism Jet Extra has never had any problem with clogged head. We turn it off every night. I perform a cleaning before printing and it works fine. I run a deep cleaning once a week. We keep our printing station air temp at 72 degrees all the time. Never had a clogged head. We clean wiper blade and replace sponges about once a month or if we noitce small streaks. Other than that the only problem we've had is the cost of a CMYK cartridge. Guess we're lucky!

jc1cell

Well signs man,

I didn't have enough time with the OEM inks on this system where it would allow me to judge their performance vs the 3rd party we are using now so I can't give an informed suggestion to my boss regarding the reversal of inks. I can't compare the scratch resistance or effect on the head.

I'm currently trying to see how I can get the tools here to verify that the environment I'm in is appropriate for this machine and going from there. I already have some tools to help maintain the head as well as I know how.

I congratulate you for not having any issues with your system...keep up the good work!!!!

jc