• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Modified Tape shooter 3000

dashhall

Hey guys,

Here is a modified tape shooter of the one that I seen on here. If your interested, it cost less than 25 bucks at Lowe's. Get a finished board at least 8 inches wide. Mine is 12. It needs to be at least three foot long, I got a five footer just in case I messed up. A piece of one and a half inch PVC pipe. Four test caps that fit in the end of the pipe. I had screws but if you don't pick those up as well. I also got a half round floor trim piece. Just cut the board 26 inch long so that you can run 12 or 24 inch transfer tape. Then cut two pieces 6 inch tall from the left over for the sides. Screw that together but pre-drill holes so your wood doesn't split. I have a brad nailer that I used but screws would be even stronger. Cut your PVC pipe into 2 equal sections of 26 or so inches. Depends on how you set up your sides. Just hold the pipe up to your contraption and mark it. Then cut another piece the same way. Superglue the test cap in the end of the pipes. Now, make marks on your tape shooter so that your pipes are smaller than the tube of your transfer tape. I did this myself but if your not building inclined or a klutz get someone to hold the pipe so that you can screw them from the outside. Put two screws in each end of the pipe. Keeps it from rotating. Now I cut a semi pyramid in mine to make it look a little better and two small nails to hold masking tape and squeegee. Then I drilled a big hole to hold my knife. If you have any questions, let me know. My first how to, so sorry if its written atrociously. I just previewed this post and left out one huge piece of information. For the love of God, don't forget to crack a beer before you get started. Whew, glad I caught that.

Mitchell Hall

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• 067.jpg
    067.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 209
  • 068.jpg
    068.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 173

Fastsigns2041

Fastsigns Palm Harbor
I'd market this for 10% less than the $1000 weeder-sheeeter. theres good money in selling tools to sign shops apparently...

That's pretty sweet. We made these. Clamps and pipe plugs. They swell when you screw them so you can fit it perfect to your roll of transfer. Holds nice and taught.

Attachments

• IMG_1459.jpg
    IMG_1459.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 125

Tony McD

This is what I've used for almost 20 years...lol
Just a couple I-bolts at an angle, a 1" dowel rod, couple fender washers and screws,
and plastic end caps.
Take out one screw, and slide the dowel out to change.
I only use one size of tape, so I only change it when empty.

Attachments

• Tape.jpg
    Tape.jpg
    260.2 KB · Views: 108