• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Monitor Upgrade

WildWestDesigns

WildWest...I'm currently using 2 monitors but they are older dells and only 19 and 22". i could never be without two monitors and I'm considering a third. I am in a quandry on what to purchase. I like 23". I'm looking for recommendations on a moderate priced for three especially with black friday upon us? Thanx WWD

Are you going to go with computer monitors or are you going to get TVs or a combination of the two?

Right now I have a combination. My main computer for Illustrator and photoshop is the Hannspree computer monitor and for the entertainment(either actually getting TV channels or my OTR) I use the Insignia TV. I'll have that Cintiq for a 3rd monitor for work that needs a tablet. I have just been using a Wacom tablet right now, but after using my mom's older Cintiq a few weeks ago, it's just really hard to go back to the tablet.

That and I'm somewhat of a gadget nerd too.

rcook99

Pinfinity what video card are you running? I am also watching and reading this thread to see what options are out there for dual monitors but I will need to upgrade my video card to do so.

WildWestDesigns

Pinfinity what video card are you running? I am also watching and reading this thread to see what options are out there for dual monitors but I will need to upgrade my video card to do so.

Asus just came out with a new video card that I have on order that supports 3 monitors that I'll be upgrading, hopefully, this week. I already have the 12 GB of DDR3 to upgrade to as well. I just have 6 right now.

Brandon708

I have actually been tossing around the idea of getting another 27" monitor to put right next to it. However with windows 7 it makes it easy to split the screen so I can have 2 windows on one screen. With the 27" it makes the split window work. I like the idea of not switching back and forth between windows so I'm still considering getting another monitor. The downside would be me not having my golf ball globe on the desk anymore.

WildWestDesigns

I'll try to get pics of my setup within a day or two. I just have to do some do some house keeping around the desk. 2 monitors I have wall mounted and the third I'll have on the desk itself. Just waiting for that "damn" video card to get here. Only want to have to "break into" that box once.

CheapVehicleWrap

3 24" Samsungs, 21" cintiq, 15" VAIO, 100" HD projector & 233" HD projector (not shown, won't fit in office)

Attachments

• monitors.jpg
    monitors.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 71

Pinfinity

Thanks GP....I just took a look at the monitor...I think I'm headed in that direction...looks pretty nice for the money

CheapVehicleWrap

The white thing is the 100". Almost made the mistake of inflating the larger screen in the office when I got it. Pretty tight on the length, but if I had turned on the blower it would have pushed the entire drop ceiling up at least 5+ feet (presumably not a good thing). Nah, for what I'm paying the office is fine. Luckily the garage has high ceilings and a big lot. I originally got it to mount to a crane on a 64' ship 35 feet off the water.