• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Monster Truck??!! Can someone help me get in the ballpark?

onlyjames

The World Is Never Enough
Im getting ready to quote someone on a monster truck....he actually has 2 different trucks (shown).

Obviously these get ruined super fast....which means I will be making many sets. Not to mention there are 3 sets of bodywork for each truck.

I want to be fair on pricing, for him and me...and keep in mind that I will be doing these over and over. I WILL be installing the decals as well.

All flames, logo's, headlights/brake lights, and probably a few other small decals.

Can I get some help to come up with a fair price range for these?

:thankyou:

Attachments

• Equalizer Side.jpg
    Equalizer Side.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 115
  • Tamale Front and Side.jpg
    Tamale Front and Side.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 100
  • Equalizer Tailgate.jpg
    Equalizer Tailgate.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 85

Poconopete

which means I will be making many sets.
All at the same time? Don't price on the promise of future work.

I will be doing these over and over. I WILL be installing the decals as well.
Maybe until the guy down the block does it for $2 less.

Can I get some help to come up with a fair price range for these?
Time, materials, profit...

onlyjames

Thanks Pete...and congrats on quitting....excellent stuff!

How about this...what would you guys charge for these truck designs.....3 bodies for each truck (so basically 6 trucks)...installed. Using oracal 3651, laminated. (Minus the tailgate)

I was thinking aprox. $650-750 per bodyset, installed......

Sticky Signs

agreed. don't price based on promises. Charge the full deal for the first run. Give em a discount on the next run as long as the files don't change. You both save on design costs/time. Form my experience, most jobs get easier with repetition so you will likely be able to repeat the job with less hassle and in less time which justifies the discount. Plus I would consider an even better discount if he let me borrow the Monster Truck, you know, so I can pick up groceries and stuff...

onlyjames

There is NO WAY Im gunna work with this guy if he doesnt let me drive one of these bad boys, thats my first demand! (or at least take me over a few jumps).

Right, I will definatly not base the price on work that I "may" do, Ive been there before...and remember the frustration. But, based off of the initial 6 bodies...Im about 650-750 (just for decals and the install). I will be recreating everything, that is going to be a seperate charge.

jiarby

go talk to the guy that did them last month.... find out why they are shopping the job.

jasonx

go talk to the guy that did them last month.... find out why they are shopping the job.

Are the current trucks wrapped or air brushed?

If its airbrushed directly onto the body could explain why they want to go the decal/wrap approach.

onlyjames

Are the current trucks wrapped or air brushed?

If its airbrushed directly onto the body could explain why they want to go the decal/wrap approach.

Yep, its a mixture of decal/air brush...all by the same guy. He wants to move to all decals, and likes the way my truck looks...