• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Motocross and snomobile template

aqpaint

Hi guys,

I wonder if you have any website I can buy motocross and snomobile template. I found motosportstemplates.com but I have bought 2 of them and some parts don't fit very well. (Maybe I do something wrong.. Do you guys tried it?)

If you know an alternative, I would try it next time!

P.S. I know that a lot of guys do their own but I don't have time for this... I would like to buy template that fit very well and focus more on the design itself.

Thanks a lot! :)

54warrior

That's the one that I use. Correct, sometimes they don't fit well, sometimes they do. It's kind of a gamble really. Seems like there is a lot of "cleanup" work to do on them as well. Knowing if they fit right or not is also an issue, especially if you're doing work for someone miles/hours/states away.

That's the only site I know of that is all encompassing.

"Flame" on here sells MX template packages i believe.

reQ

Using motosporttemplates. And yes, some parts don't fit well, some parts are missing. For example doing 2013 RMK right now: One small part on panels is missing, windshield completely missing. But i spent some time, traced missing parts myself and have completely perfect template. Please keep in mind, that $60 per template is dirt cheap, and i think it alright if you have to spend a bit of time adjusting stuff :)

54warrior

What do you guys do to scan/trace into the computer the large pieces?

I have an 8.5x11 scanner but that doesn't work the best usually. I've started taking the "tracings" to staples and they can scan a max of 24" X 36". Has been working well.

Any other methods?

kheebl

You could tape the template to a wall and then take a picture of it and then once In Your program of choice size it accordingly and get your outline.

reQ

You could tape the template to a wall and then take a picture of it and then once In Your program of choice size it accordingly and get your outline.

THIS. Simply use premask tape or white viny for example, conform it to the spot you would want to trace - trace if with pencil/pen. Carefully remove premask, stick it flat to the table/wall, snap a picture... Import picture to Corel/Illustrator etc, trace it... then measure your traced premask and adjust the size in program - simple.

aqpaint

Hi!

Thanks you all for your tips and comments. I thinks I'll do my own if I can have the bike/snowmobile at my place, else it will be hard to sell with a perfect fit.. I was looking for a place that sells pattern I don't need to double check. But you're always better serve by yourself. It's the only way to be 100% happy with the fit :)

thanks