• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Motorbike wraps?

Bly

Does anyone here do many bikes?

Are they more trouble than they're worth or can they be profitable for a shop?

We are just starting to add vehicle wraps to our range of services and since I'm a motorcyclist myself could probably get a bit of work wrapping bikes through existing contacts. We did my own bike and it was time consuming to say the least. Inexperience definitely played a large part in that though.

Tizz

Watched a utube vid of justin pate wrapping a bike tank. Didnt look easy, but I rekon the more you do the easier and quicker you'll get. Im gonna try one myself.

Bly

We already did my Ducati Streetighter, pics are on here somewhere.
Lots of weird angles and curves. Took ages.

I doubt most bike owners would spend what it takes to do a job like that properly. But hey I thought maybe someone is doing it and making a dollar.

tonywhittier

Here's one we did...we charged around $800 for it and honestly it wasn't that hard to wrap, just gotta take your time with it. The bike was originally blue and white.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 129

Bly

I don't reckon we can do one in that time.

I'll still do the odd one for mates but they seem to fall into the more trouble than they are worth category.

S

signs-work

very hard but alot of fun

Attachments

• full wrap motorcycle.jpg
    full wrap motorcycle.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 95

ERUS37

here is a bike that i had designed and wrapped with Frontline Designs here in Charlotte, NC took about 2 hours to complete. Not hard just time consuming. I just dont like the partial wraps that people say its fuul wrap but then apply decals atop..

Attachments

• bike.jpg
    bike.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 113
Speaking of bike wraps, had a come in today and wanted her bike wrapped like the t-mobile bike in the tv commercials, her bike is blue so it would be a full wrap in black and hot pink. We quoted her like 700, she was like your competitor down the street said they would do it for 250.... They can have it for that!

Bly

Bikers are cheap. I know lots of them.

A friend brought his race bike fairings in the other day cos I said I'd do some decals for a favour.

I'm doing them cheap anyway and he looks at me expectantly saying "you can put YOUR logo on there too if you want".

Um.. no thanks. Like I need more of that kind of work.

That's my favorite line from customers..."you can put your logo on it if you give me a discount, I know I'll get you a ton of business from this". I bet I hear it almost daily