• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mounting Acrylic Standoff Panel to Glass Wall

SignEx

We have customer who redesigned office space with pretty much all glass walls, Old offices had acrylic standoff panels mounted next to entry doors for identification, Are there possibilities of mounting something to the glass walls? We don't do much in this area, and hope someone might help with some ideas,Any input would be appreciated,
thanks mark

The pic is similar to ones they had mounted previously,

Attachments

• sample.jpg
    sample.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 303

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
We work with a glass company when we need holes drilled in glass for some of the display work we do. Seems to work most times but for installed glass walls I'd go for some kind of adhesive solution.
Maybe as simple as the windshield rear view mirror repair kits you get at NAPA. Stuff dries clear and a short fat 1" or 1.25" stainless standoff would have enough surface area to stay put on the glass.
If you have a bunch to do shouldn't be too hard to find the same glue/primer set up in industrial sized kits.

wayne k
guam usa

Moze

Precision Sign Services
If the panels are fairly small, you can use clear VHB on the back of the standoffs and just tape them directly to the glass. Then tape a matching cap on the opposite side of the glass. It gives the appearance that it's anchored through the glass without actually having to drill it.

S'N'S

Might be able to stick stand offs on with the same glue that sticks review mirrors to your windscreen.

SignEx

Thanks for all input, I think the vhb tape will be way to go,
I talked with my local glass guy and he said the glue would work fine, but it someone happened to hit one of the panels,I doubt it would ever happen but the glue is strong enough that it could possibly chip the glass when it came off,

I appreciate all the help,
mark

Drip Dry

If the panels are fairly small, you can use clear VHB on the back of the standoffs and just tape them directly to the glass. Then tape a matching cap on the opposite side of the glass. It gives the appearance that it's anchored through the glass without actually having to drill it.

Cool Idea