• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

mounting printed vinyl on gold foil on plaques

pixel_pusher

The final piece has a 7x10 printed vinyl graphic with 1/2" of gold foil border mounted to an 8.25x11.25 wooden plaque blank. This order is for 20, but we apparently have 100's of these to do in the coming weeks, so I need to establish a consistent workflow.

How would you guys approach this project? Would you mount the gold foil onto the plaque and then mount the graphic on top of that, or mount the graphic to the foil then apply them to the plaque? Is there a way to avoid using transfer tape? Every component has pretty tight margins, so the cutting/mounting has to be pretty precise, and it's due yesterday of course.

:help

jiarby

Sublimate on white dynasub, and use regular brass border....

easy peasy for a trophy shop/ who wants a plaque with vinyl on it!?

pixel_pusher

Unfortunately, I'm confined to an Eco-Solvent ink workflow. I have a Roland VP-540 and a Royal Sovereign heat assist cold laminator.

jiarby

So why are you taking a plaque job?? Go make friends with a local shop that can sublimate. They might need a sign too and want to barter/trade with you.

pixel_pusher

Our new sales guy brought the client with him. He was doing these before with color copies, a hand crank laminator and peel & stick card stock in the past.

ova

Sounds like it will be at least a two part application. I'd put the foil on the board first, then the graphic If it's not a one rectangle printed image, sounds like you're going to need application tape on the graphic.

Could you post a picture so we can see the finished product? Might be easier giving advice if we could see it.