• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Moving a Mimaki JV-3 250 sp

spri1097

I just bought a Mimaki JV-3 250 sp printer at auction. I am going to drive out with a truck and enclosed trailer to pick it up in Denver and bring it back to the Chicago area.
I'm looking for any advice for securing the machine, print head, or anything that I should remove from the machine before travel. It really is way too much machine for me but I need a solvent printer. TIA!

signswi

Make sure it's completely wrapped in plastic so no road dust gets in--other than that, not sure what else to consider. Good question.

housemusikid

We had to move one of these. Whatever you do, please secure the carriage. I cut a piece of styrofoam and put it between the carriage and the capping station. Tape that to the styrofoam. This is the part that will SUCk to get damaged. Remember to remove and empty out the ink waste tank. Need anything else?

Robert M

Mimaki

I have a tech here in Denver if you need anything. Who did you get it from, I may know the history