• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Moving equipment in enclosed trailer

klingsdesigns

I need to move my printer roland vp 540 and laminator guardian to new shop about 15 minute drive. Going to be using an enclosed trailer. Can i keep them on the stands and strap the stands down as best as i can and also the printer lock the head with the L bracket. Any other tips so i dont ruin anything?

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I did that with a Mutoh 1624 and a box truck(-w- a lift gate) - no issues. I locked the head and removed the ink carts. Taking it off the stand would have made it more difficult to get through the front glass doors.

equippaint

I need to move my printer roland vp 540 and laminator guardian to new shop about 15 minute drive. Going to be using an enclosed trailer. Can i keep them on the stands and strap the stands down as best as i can and also the printer lock the head with the L bracket. Any other tips so i dont ruin anything?
That should be good enough and on the stand is fine. Just tie it off good at the front of the trailer, you can control your acceleration but sometimes braking is what it is.

Joe House

Yup. That's the way to do it. We deliver assembled printers all the time in our box trucks. Make sure the head is locked, empty the waste ink bottle, make sure the straps are up high enough to not let the printer tip over and not going around anything fragile, like the waste ink bottle. - also we usually pad the side of the printer next to the wall of the truck.
You should be fine.

Good Luck!

klingsdesigns

Yup. That's the way to do it. We deliver assembled printers all the time in our box trucks. Make sure the head is locked, empty the waste ink bottle, make sure the straps are up high enough to not let the printer tip over and not going around anything fragile, like the waste ink bottle. - also we usually pad the side of the printer next to the wall of the truck.
You should be fine.

Good Luck!
I got a huge chuck of foam i can put between the printer and the wall of trailer. Laminator i can remove some of the stuff on it so it doesnt fall off when traveling.

Brandon708

I know with my HP 360 they suggested putting this foam piece on the carriage so it doesn't move around. Not sure about the Roland but you should check into it.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
We do all of the above and also usually put 2 x 4s under the stand to lift the casters up off the floor. If you hit a good bump those things can pop right off.