• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Moving from Onyx 21 to Caldera RIP

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
the £600 a year was a rough guess on that one job, I would be more once we got use to the RIP, we can run it on the windows 7 PC, the RIP guy said he would install Linux on it so no other costs, Im still not sure I want to do this, thats why I asked on here for other peoples thoughts.
For $600 a year, i would keep onyx and invest into a secondary software that can do that specifically.
Or scripts and actions for illustrator.

have you ran a demo of caldera?
Have you confirmed it can do what you want it to do?

ProColorGraphics

I have only used Caldera. I tried Onyx when I got my flatbed as they had their driver out first, but couldn't get used to it. I have no complaints really with Caldera... other than the price. haha

tulsagraphics

I have only used Caldera. I tried Onyx when I got my flatbed as they had their driver out first, but couldn't get used to it. I have no complaints really with Caldera... other than the price. haha
If price is a big concern, just know you'll also need PrimeCenter because contour bleeds aren't part of VisualRIP, so it's gonna be a bit pricey.
You probably know the license cost of VisualRIP already (and/or CalderaCare license). That's already pricey enough for a small operation. And the PrimeCenter app has 3 different plans depending on which services you need (basic, pro, and max). I think they are $1.5k, 2k, and 2.5k per year respectively (if memory serves). The feature list can be found here: https://www.caldera.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/DS_PrimeCenter_V1.1_ENGLISH.pdf

Last edited: