• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Multicam vs ???

zuboltz

I have had a Saber 408 router for 17 years and it just does not die. It has seen 24-hour shifts, metal cutting to the max, everything you could throw at it. Now, however I need the fancy functions that a new system has like optical eye, ATC, knife cutting, with other capabilities.
So, my question is, I want to have the next machine last as long as my Saber and am looking at Multicam 3R. Would there be any other in that price point and with the options to look at? any thoughts Thanks for any input

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
Plenty of users like AXYZ machines. My experience with them is too limited to fairly judge. As far as I'm concerned, Multicam is the way to go.

Mr. Signboy

I run a Zund G3 and it’s pretty incredible. I’ve run lots of CNC equipment in the past and it’s in another league. It can cut plate aluminum, acrylic, ACM etc as well as vinyl and everything in between. Zund’s support is awesome as well. I really can’t think of a single complaint I would have.

econolinesigns

We've had a AXYZ 4008 for over 20 years. Its a workhorse that has never needed a service call or extended warranty. We still use it weekly.

Christian @ 2CT Media

I have had a Saber 408 router for 17 years and it just does not die. It has seen 24-hour shifts, metal cutting to the max, everything you could throw at it. Now, however I need the fancy functions that a new system has like optical eye, ATC, knife cutting, with other capabilities.
So, my question is, I want to have the next machine last as long as my Saber and am looking at Multicam 3R. Would there be any other in that price point and with the options to look at? any thoughts Thanks for any input
Saber has all of those functions, why aren't you looking at their newer lines?

spectrum maine

KEEP THE SABRE FOR THE DIRTY WORK AND GET A FLATBED CUTTER FOR THE REST

garyroy

Take a look on EBay, there's a bunch of 408's for sale, maybe you'll see one you like or close by you shop.

johnnysigns

Saber has all of those functions, why aren't you looking at their newer lines?
Which newer lines are those? I went from a Sabre 408 to an AXYZ infinite with knife, vision, 10position ATC and a 10hp spindle. Other than flood damage we sustained and remediated, we've been very happy with the move to the AXYZ. We found the software - Artpath was the biggest limiting factor on the Gerber line. We also do a lot of 2 or 3 tool cutting so to pull off a finished sheet with all the cuts done w/ the tool changer is a big step from the perske spindle option on the Gerber.

zuboltz

Thanks all, pulled the trigger on an Apex 3R. We cut solid materials, acrylic up to 2" thick as well as aluminum up to 1". Digital machines are not going to cut it for our workload,
and we don't digital print vinyl's at all.
We needed to upgrade to a tool changer, optical eye and cutting tools which this machine all has. I looked at Shop Saber and they look impressive also especially for the price. AXYZ looks good as well, but I have heard some bad experiences with support and getting parts but then again, I have as well with Multicam. I guess we will see. Gerber just has not kept up, so a new Saber was out for us.

Rusty B

I know you have an old one but just an idea. If you’re handy with electronics you could wire a new et7 control board from puruvesi automation and buy the camera and vision system. It takes a little cnc knowledge to setup and they have awesome online documentation and support. I converted a small cnc I built and I’d love to buy an outdated commercial cnc to convert. Their software for the controllers can utilize multiple heads including tangential knife cutting. It is a nice option for anyone wanting to upgrade or get into print and cnc cut with lower budgets.