• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Multiple Installer setup?

tylercrum

I apologize if I'm putting this in the wrong spot. I wasn't sure if it should go in the business area or in vehicle wraps.
My question is for those of you who have multiple vehicle wrap installers. I'm curious how you have the job delegation setup with multiple "installers"?
For example, if you have 3 "installers", do you have one guy who does nothing but prep work (emblem removal, cleaning, prepping etc.), one guy who sticks the vinyl and one guy who goes behind him and trims? Or do all three guys do all three jobs etc?
We're not there yet, it's just myself and another installer, but things are growing here and I'm just wondering what the best setup would be. We're just about to the point where I could have one guy prepping tomorrow's install while the other guy is installing today's, but I'm curious if anyone has any insight on the subject.

We normally don't have but one installer on a vehicle, definitely not more that two. They will just get in each others way and slow things down. If we do use two, normally they would be working on opposite sides of the vehicle.

HulkSmash

If you're asking that question you're not ready for the extra installers.
If you have multiple installers there should be multiple vehicles in the bay, or you're just going to lose money.