• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Must have specialty tool !

SignManiac

Since I have an exotic work table in my office, I thought I would improve on its functionality by adding a top of the line accessory. I've worked many years and waited a long time to splurge on one of these. I'm sure it will improve the quality of my game, ahem I mean work... Quality tools always pay off in the long run!

Attachments

• my meucci.jpg
    my meucci.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 159

SignManiac

Not into flames myself, although there are plenty available if that's your thing :) Besides, shooting pool isn't about speed as much as position!

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Since I have an exotic work table in my office, I thought I would improve on its functionality by adding a top of the line accessory. I've worked many years and waited a long time to splurge on one of these. I'm sure it will improve the quality of my game, ahem I mean work... Quality tools always pay off in the long run!

No it won't...

Many many years ago my shop was in the back of a pool hall. Needless to say, I shot a lot of pool. One day the son of the local Mafioso came in with a magnificent cue. Hand carved with real ivory ferrules, a truly marvelous instrument.

I remarked that one could shoot come kind of pool with such a stick. The owner of the establishment said "Nonsense, if you know what you're about it doesn't matter what you use."

He said that if Mike, that was the guy's name, would let me use his awesome stick, that he'd play me with a broomstick.

Mike handed me his cue and Chuck, that was the owner's name, unscrewed the handle of a push broom, made a big show of chalking up the end of it, and proceeded to clean my clock.

Never give undue reverence to your tools. Since that time I always made a point of using whatever stick I happened to grab. No rolling it on the table, no looking down it, Just grab the heaviest stick with the widest tip available. It doesn't matter if you know how to operate it.

SignManiac

I agree with everything you say Bob. I've always been able to shoot with any stick and shoot well. The skill isn't in the stick, every good player knows that. About the only thing it will really improve is my confidence. Lets just call it is a very nice looking placebo stick and a frivolous way to blow a grand :)

John L

Thats a fine cue. You'll be ready for the Mosconi Cup soon! (do they still have that?).

My older brother was the Hustler in our family. I'll never forget cleaning his clock when I was 10 years old. I was just lucky but he really took it to heart.

SignManiac

I hold my own against some really good tournament players. I just don't shoot in bars because of the cigarette smoke. One reason I have my own table. The guys come over to my place because they all say I have the best table in town :)

My business partner just bought a brand new table of his own and he going nuts trying to beat me. Ain't gonna happen! I've been shooting pool over forty years now. He's gonna have to play an awful lot to come close!!!

skyhigh

You build some of the most beautiful signs.... you build a friggin plane out of coro (by the way...I never heard how that ended), and here you are showing off something that you could have made yourself, even nicer.

SignManiac

Joss look like a really good stick too. I've been researching the various cue makers and am really impressed with the level of quality and artistry that goes into some of them. I liked the Lucasi Cues, McDermott, Pechauer, Predator, Samsara and particularly Schon Cues. I could see myself becoming a collector if I'm not careful. :)