• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Mutoh 1204. Cyan intermittent drop outs.

Joseph888

Hello Everyone. I am new to this website and am just looking for some help.

I have a Mutoh Valuejet 1204. I am having a problem where it is only printing from half of the Cyan nozzles.

I have replaced the dampers and maintenance station recently and it seemed to temporarily fix the problem.

When I do the nozzle check only half of Cyan nozzles seem to fire. The funny thing is though it sometimes temporarily fixes itself. For instance this morning I did a nozzle check and ALL Cyan nozzles were fine. I then proceeded to do one print, which printed fine. But then another nozzle check and back to square one, only half of the Cyan nozzles working on one damper.

It is wrecking my head as to what could be causing this, as I know the print head is not blocked. As when it does work nearly 100% of nozzles are working.

Have any of you experienced anything like this? Or know what could possibly be causing the temperamental nozzle loss. I find it really strange, that it works now and again.

Any help is much appreciated. Cheers Joseph

unmateria

Hi Joseph, its easy, air is entering in your cyan tubing. Because you have changed dampers, you should replace orings (those little rubber circles) and put a drop of ink on them before installing. In fact, put a drop of ink in every tube junction, and let it dry all the night. Next day do a charge of ink (I do that sucking with a syringe from bottom of capping station, after the pump, but you can use a normal ink charge, or even if you see that ink is near the dumpers, you can just do some cleanings until ink reaches dampers). The problem can be on the dumpers too... check that are good quality dumpers for solvent... some 2 euros dampers are really bad. You can buy good and cheap on digiprint (im using that dampers for years). Ah, I forgot... check cyan cartdrige too... the little rubber where the needle enters. If its bad, you can replace it with another cartdrige rubber (used) or a new cartdrige.

Joseph888

Hi Joseph, its easy, air is entering in your cyan tubing. Because you have changed dampers, you should replace orings (those little rubber circles) and put a drop of ink on them before installing. In fact, put a drop of ink in every tube junction, and let it dry all the night. Next day do a charge of ink (I do that sucking with a syringe from bottom of capping station, after the pump, but you can use a normal ink charge, or even if you see that ink is near the dumpers, you can just do some cleanings until ink reaches dampers). The problem can be on the dumpers too... check that are good quality dumpers for solvent... some 2 euros dampers are really bad. You can buy good and cheap on digiprint (im using that dampers for years). Ah, I forgot... check cyan cartdrige too... the little rubber where the needle enters. If its bad, you can replace it with another cartdrige rubber (used) or a new cartdrige.

Thank you very much. The O-rings were the only thing I haven't changed. I will order some now from DigiSupplies. That is where I also got the dampers from. Fingers crossed it works, as I know for fact the nozzles are good, just that they only work now and again.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
So there is o ring in the damper. You don't want to remove this one. There is also o ring on the nut where goes onto the damper. They really don't go bad but you can always swap the o ring dampers between dampers. Go ahead and take out the o ring from the other working damper and put it on cyan. Use cleaning solution to wipe the part that hose goes on. Make it nice and clean. If that's not the problem, I am not sure if the older mutoh has choking cleaning or you can perform three strong cleans to bleed out the air in the line. Hope it helps.