• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 1204 Error....HELP!!

kyprinter

My printer has started giving me an error message when I print anything of size...actually 2 that are similar.

E074Err CR2 Current and
Eo72Err CR Current

I can print small stuff with no problem, but when I try to print anything of size, it will print about 2 foot and all the lights start blinking and it beeps continuously. I've printed a couple of 8' banners with little detail to them with no problem, but I'm trying to print a couple of 6' and 8' pieces that have a lot of detail/printing to them and it stops with the error.

Can someone give me some guidance on what I need to do? We bought the printer new in Jan. 08.

Thanks!

letterman7

And check the encoder disk on the far end of the unit as well - take the end cap off. On mine there seems to be an issue with grease that gets onto the T fence and encoder disk, leading to both of those errors. Make sure that your media is playing out without any resistance as well. I try to feed out a couple of feet at a time so the machine can pull it through rather than pulling off the roll when possible.

kyprinter

Ok Guys! I have cleaned the encoding strip, took the end cap off and cleaned everything that I could see and still having the same problem. It seems like something is getting "hot" and causing the error. I can let the machine set for several hours or overnight and the first thing I print does fine, but then a foot or so into the next job, it gives me the error. Any ideas or suggesions would be DEEPLY appreciated. I contacted Mutoh and they suggested a service tech from a company called GEI come out. I called them...$500 trip charge and $175 an hour labor. Don't want to do this if there is another solution. Thank you sooooo much in advance!!