• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

mutoh 1204 has sucked magenta ink into yellow line? so no yellow print? help

J Hill Designs

most likely swollen sponge in cap, making contact with head and 'wicking' the mag up the yellow head.

pull ink on yellow line with syringe until fully yellow
fix sponge situation

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I'd change the dampers and o-rings for the yellow. Sounds like there is an air leak which makes the ink recede back to the cartridge, pulling ink up from the cap in the process. This would cause the magenta to cross contaminate like is was before it emptied out as well.

23taltered

ok i just stuck a syringe inside the yellow ink cartridge and pulled out brown ink. what ta hell could cause that? i ordered a new cartridge and sponge. would a air leak in the yellow line cause this? thanks

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
When the dampers go bad or an air leak is present, the ink flows back to the cartridge, pulling whatever ink is in the cap and also from near by channels. The ink in your machine just pulled all the way back to the cartridge and contaminated it.