• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 1204 Head Installation

Ppcwilly

Hello everyone
Purchased a new head for my mutoh 1204, installed last night everything prints well but one black. I have replaced the dampers they came new with the head, I have pulled ink through with a syringe several times still one of my black nozzles are missing. Any ideas, thanks
purchased the new head from solventinkjet.com

Attachments

• IMG_5382.JPG
    IMG_5382.JPG
    316 KB · Views: 256
Last edited:

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Are you seeing any air in the ink lines on the black channel? It could be a few things. Feel free to give us a call!

Ppcwilly

Thanks Craig from solventinkjet, my cap top was not seating quite right. It is printing right now.
Bill

phototec

No air I pulled ink into the damper with a syringe, will call you a little later!
thanks

I have a new head on hand and need to do the replacement, which I have never done. You say you pulled ink into the damper with a syringe, call you explain that procedure for as I don't know what that is? Thanks a bunch!

Ppcwilly

Do these photos help?

Attachments

• IMG_5389.JPG
    IMG_5389.JPG
    695.7 KB · Views: 248
  • IMG_5390.JPG
    IMG_5390.JPG
    640.2 KB · Views: 230
  • IMG_5391.JPG
    IMG_5391.JPG
    529.7 KB · Views: 223

Ppcwilly

added photo, pulling ink through the maintenance station ink drain lines.

Attachments

• IMG_5392 (1).JPG
    IMG_5392 (1).JPG
    792.6 KB · Views: 242

dkk

Thanks Craig from solventinkjet, my cap top was not seating quite right. It is printing right now.
Bill
How were you able to solve the cap top not seating? Just replaced the head but we're pretty sure the cap top not seating is our problem now.

Nevermind, got it!

Last edited:

Mrgood

How were you able to solve the cap top not seating? Just replaced the head but we're pretty sure the cap top not seating is our problem now.

Nevermind, got it!

How did you solve it? Have same problem here, new head, new capping station ( digiprint capping) and missing the one chanell of black. Blac chanel apears during print but it is messed up after cleaning. I don't see any way to 'align' cap top...

Can you advice?