• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 1204 HELP

New to Printing

Hey guys,
I've printer has been running great no issues for a long time now. Out of where i started getting streaks and a bad nozzle. I have cleaned the print head. Maintenance station is new and confirmed suction is good. I am getting near perfect nozzle checks, but this is what I get when I print. This is a cheap matte material with the same profile I have used for years.

Can someone HELP???
IMG_9509.jpg

Rusty B

I just dealt with this same issue on mine. I cleaned everything 3 times then I decided to change head cables. Mine would only do it on cyan and black. So I decided it was either the head or the head cable. There are 2 head cables one runs cyan and black one runs yellow and magenta. Digi print is where I got mine and I bought 8-10 of the cheaper cables in case it happens again. Try printing just magenta or yellow and see what happens.

New to Printing

I just dealt with this same issue on mine. I cleaned everything 3 times then I decided to change head cables. Mine would only do it on cyan and black. So I decided it was either the head or the head cable. There are 2 head cables one runs cyan and black one runs yellow and magenta. Digi print is where I got mine and I bought 8-10 of the cheaper cables in case it happens again. Try printing just magenta or yellow and see what happens.
Thank you! it is just cyan! Everything else is printing just fine. worth a shot before buying a new head.

Rusty B

Those wires in the flat ribbon cables are tiny and can easily be damaged. Probably just from the head moving back n forth over time. They are fairly easy to change. Just make sure they are installed the same way they came out and do the best you can not to crease it. If it doesn’t fix it let me know and I’ll assist all I can. I bought the 1204 I have used very cheap several years ago the guy said no longer worked and I’ve learned a lot. It was a 7 dollar fuse!

New to Printing

Those wires in the flat ribbon cables are tiny and can easily be damaged. Probably just from the head moving back n forth over time. They are fairly easy to change. Just make sure they are installed the same way they came out and do the best you can not to crease it. If it doesn’t fix it let me know and I’ll assist all I can. I bought the 1204 I have used very cheap several years ago the guy said no longer worked and I’ve learned a lot. It was a 7 dollar fuse!
Ordered new ribbon cables, and new dampers. Really hoping its not the head. Ill keep you posted! thanks for the help! These things don't seem to happen until I am swamped!

New to Printing

Hey all,

I ended up changing out the print head with a brand new head. Getting perfect, full nozzles on my checks, not getting the cyan spray I was getting with the old head. I now have a different problem I have never had before. Still using the same profiles for the material i used in the passed. After completing the adjustments on the printer via Alignment Q and N. Looks like its a feed issue, but I haven't changed anything regarding feed. I thought it was an alignment issue so i conducted the alignment tests again, but I am not seeing anything off. Can someone possibly give me a reason or something I can do to fix this? In the photo the top of the A is horizontal with the printer or the Y axis. I'm lost once again!

Attachments

• image0 (1).jpeg
    image0 (1).jpeg
    320.6 KB · Views: 84