• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 1204 [KCMY] S/C READ ERROR

lostbay

Error has been come and go for a while, but now seem to be permanent. Tried everything I can think of, have parts on order, but I'm in a serious bind and need this thing running yesterday. Any ideas or ways to bypass?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
If you just started using the new inks from Mutoh, that's the issue. They're basically trying to kill the old models so the new inks won't read in that machine. We've got a 3rd party option if you're interested. Bordeaux

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
If the cartridges are black, they won't work in your machine. Your 3rd party ones should still work though. If they don't then you're heater junction board it probably fried. It sounds unrelated but it's the board that decodes the ink cards.

lostbay

They're the old style cartridges. The problem started with just the Magenta, but eventually jumped to all colors. Would one bad Ink ID board affect them all?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
They're the old style cartridges. The problem started with just the Magenta, but eventually jumped to all colors. Would one bad Ink ID board affect them all?
I've seen it happen before. The chip readers will be the cheaper part to change but it's very possible you change them and it ends up being the junction board which is about $400 if I remember off the top.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Ground would probably be 3 - 4 plus 1 day lead time unfortunately. Mutoh doesn't ship same day anymore. Upgrading to a guaranteed 2 or 3 day probably wouldn't be too expensive.