• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 1204 print head

BAD NOVA

I did a head/damper change lost ink to cartridges, have air bubbles what's the best way to fix this?
Thank you Brian

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Run a couple long cleanings and it should suck the ink back down into the head. Once it hits the dampers it should stay.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Then your cap top or full maintenance station is not working properly. Usually people change the cap top first as it's cheap and easy. Also, double check that the head is seated nice and flat. It is very common when replacing the head that the left side is higher than the right and you need to wiggle it a little to get it to drop down all the way. Take a look at the gap between the head and th eplaten and you should be able to see if that's the case.

BAD NOVA

The head is seated. I also tried pulling ink thru the maintenance station with two syringes one is sucking air the other wont pull anything.