• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 1204 problem

Printman

If anyone out there can help I would be very gratefull. My Valujet has "stuck". When I try to do a test print it clicks to go into print mode - the red light is on - it says printing but switches off as such. Doesnt print. There has been some messing around with the connections. It was originally set up on USB and lately thats been giving trouble. I'm not sure about this but is there firmware installed in the printer itself that could have become corrupted?
Heres hoping someone can help
Thanks
Printman

Stealth Ryder

If anyone out there can help I would be very gratefull. My Valujet has "stuck". When I try to do a test print it clicks to go into print mode - the red light is on - it says printing but switches off as such. Doesnt print. There has been some messing around with the connections. It was originally set up on USB and lately thats been giving trouble. I'm not sure about this but is there firmware installed in the printer itself that could have become corrupted?
Heres hoping someone can help
Thanks
Printman

1. Why were you using a USB Connection vs. an Ethernet Connection?

2. Just re-shoot the Firmware to it...

Printman

Hi Stealth Ryder
When the tekkies set it up they set it up on USB
I didnt know at the time that it should have been st up on TCP/IP
I have read the installation of this ethernet cable - tried it and I couldnt get it to work
The USB connection which was a "virtual" usb started to appear and dissappear when I plugged in a stick or ext. hard drive to load images or whatever
So without the ethernet cable connection OR the knowledge to download and reinstall the firmware I'm stuffed. I was guessing that it maybe a firmware issue. Do you think thats what it is?