• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

MUTOH 1204 Y Axis Alignment issue

onestringer

Our 1204 is printing very fuzzy vertical lines...horizontal is fine.
So far we have:
  1. done pf adjustment
  2. q-adjustments
  3. reinstalled firmware and subcontroller
  4. blown the NVRAM and reinstalled firmware and subcontroller

We have had minimal if any change...any thoughts?

ALSO ALREADY CHANGED THE TFENCE (forgot about that...long week)

Last edited:

onestringer

Thanks for the input. I've thought that a couple of times (electrical)...just based on what I've read hear and there...but it seems unlikely. The setup has been the same for 2+ years...throughout the entire building to my knowledge. Unless there have been some external changes that I'm not aware of.

Here is another look

Automated message:

Please observe Signs 101 rules on posting pictures found here
www.signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35000
:thankyou:

Attachments

• scan0003.jpg
    scan0003.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 101
Last edited by a moderator:

onestringer

nozzle check on the right is pretty typical...we get a few misses from time to time on the first set but then fine so I'm not too worried about that.

jwright350

I was referring to the electrical in your printer... like a flat cable, main board...etc.

Its hard to tell from your scan, but you got lots of black nozzles out and it looks like the cyan is contaminated with black? Or is that just the scan? Make sure your head/wipers/capping station are clean as them being dirty will exaggerate the problem.

Try printing in uni direction mode to see if its a bi-directional problem.

onestringer

Yeah, I was thinking connections
The cyan looks fine...I think that is just the scan...I see what you are talking about

I was thinking main board but none of the techs are looking in that direction yet.

I did try the unidirectional print, upon your suggestion...no real change. The fuzzy look is still there...the dual line is not so I guess that is a step in the right direction (no pun intended)

onestringer

I was referring to the electrical in your printer... like a flat cable, main board...etc.

Its hard to tell from your scan, but you got lots of black nozzles out and it looks like the cyan is contaminated with black? Or is that just the scan? Make sure your head/wipers/capping station are clean as them being dirty will exaggerate the problem.

Try printing in uni direction mode to see if its a bi-directional problem.

I was just reading your thread about your printer...seems to be a pretty similar problem going on here. I've got a shadow effect on the palette. Mainly noticeable on the darker colors...primarily with black involved. Did you resolve your issue? What did you determine it to be?

tbaker

is it fuzzy in the same area, looking like vertical banding?

If so, look where the carriage assembly travels and clean the rail ( or channel as applicable) Additionally crap on the roller bearings can create vertical banding as well.

Clean it all with isopropyl alcohol, especially the roller bearings.

onestringer

It's strange...on the vertical lines on the nozzle check (the black) it looks like tiny ink drops are running next to the line...gives the appearance of a second "dotted" line.

Bearings clean...we clean those pretty regularly so didn't think it too necessary. I used a little alcohol as you suggested...still no progress though.

The vertical line in the registration marks on a contour job look blurry...fuzzy...that is the most specific thing I can say to explain.

tgrinds

Onestringer, were able to determine the cause the vertical banding and tiny ink drops? I'm having similar issues with a VJ1618. Thanks.