• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 1204VJ heaters not coming on

gieseguy

wondering if anyone has had a problem where the heaters just decided not to work anymore. I was getting a message just before this that one or more of the ink cartridges were not original but they all are original. other than that everything seems to work ok the heaters just aren't coming on.

Stealth Ryder

Enable the Heaters in the RIP then send the job or set the Heater Temps on the machine itself... MENU, Right Button to Media Type, ENTER, choose Type 1, ENTER, Down to Pre=Heater, ENTER, set temp, ENTER, Down to Platen, Enter, Set Temp, ENTER, etc...

gieseguy

I will give it a shot stealth, i had the heaters enabled in the rip. i needed to print so disabled them but there is something going on as i'm getting all four cartridges reading not original. we had a pretty big storm here am suspecting some kind of surge that got through my protector or something.

gieseguy

well back to trying to get this puppy to print right. tried setting the temps manually and it just stalls trying to warm up it won't heat. it did heat today temporary from the rip but then on the next print no dice so something strange is going on might have to call SW techs

tgrinds

It might be worth just shutting down the machine, unplug, hit the power button on and then off again. They try plugging it back in and see if anything changes.

gieseguy

yeah I tried plugging it in to a different circuit etc.... I did receive another error message this time a heater voltage error 90 can't find it in the service manual but it doesn't look good

gieseguy

yeah I have several outside cats guess they are scaring them into the shop. did have a couple mouse traps but man they like to get into these machines. did get the heaters to work by re-attaching a chewed wire. am still getting the message and annoying beeb that the y cartridge is non original

gieseguy

looks like I will have to start replacing boards to find the problem. Gei cal graph charges 94.00 a half hour for over the phone consultation. the mother board for the 1204 is 1300 something and the other boards are 384 and 583 you can't return them if they aren't the right one. what a racket

gieseguy

just to let everyone know how this turned out. there was a very small circuit connection on the heater junction board that had gotten peed on by the mouse and the corrosion looked like it ate some of the tiny connectors away. anyway cleaned it up had to look through a magnifying glass to even see what was going on there. a friend of mine who used to solder circuit boards said he could fix the connections but couldn't guarantee the results. I couldn't believe he could fix that little circuit. it is running now.