• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 1304 won't print C,Y,K after Strong cleaning cycle

trakers

You guys helped me on my sticky rollers on my Mutoh 1304 and was able to print my job just fine, all nozzles firing except a few black.

The next day I did a head cleaning cycle. Typically I use Economy or Normal, but since I had been missing a few black nozzles I tried a Strong this time.

After that the Magenta was the only color that would print.

So I performed a couple cleanings on the Normal setting and Cyan came back, but Yellow is still missing completely and Black has only maybe 5% of the test lines scattered about on the nozzle check pattern.

Anything pop in your head why they would go away after a Strong cleaning?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Either there is a bad air leak in the system, your cartridges are not flagging empty when they are actually empty, and/or the maintenance station is not working properly. Do you see air bubbles anywhere in the ink lines above the dampers?

Modman

you should check your drain tubes as they could be plugging up. make sure your maintainence station is also working properly

trakers

Thanks all I'll check that out later today. It just seems weird it was working then after that strong cleaning it stopped.

The dampers couldn't cause that, could it?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Thanks all I'll check that out later today. It just seems weird it was working then after that strong cleaning it stopped.

The dampers couldn't cause that, could it?
It all just depends on what the issue is. If the station is not working properly, it simply won't pull ink down and you slowly lose nozzles. Sometimes one side of the pump is flowing but the other isn't in which case you can get random results after cleanings with nozzles coming and going between cleanings. It could also be that air is getting into the lines somewhere else and so when you do cleanings it's pulling air instead of ink into the system which would cause random drop out as well. I you see air in the lines above the dampers, that's causing the issue for sure. If they are solid, it's probably more likely a maintenance station issue.