• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 1604 Missing Black Nozzels

signguy7473

Hello to all, Thank-you for all the help I recieved from Sign101 forums. I have a used Mutoh 1604 I bought about a year ago. Other than a sticky yellow subtank valve, (Which you folks solved for me) it ran fine. Then about a month ago I totally ran out of black ink.The machine put the ink level at 14 & no warning. But the cart was done. I replaced the cart. & I finished my big 2'x2' hours sign I was making. The trouble began when I was printing the next day. It then started banding. I did a nozzel check & (there's an A side & a B side) The A side was about 60% gone & the B side only about 10% gone. It was then the adventure began. First I did the usual head cleaning, ink charges etc. Then pulled ink from the dampers. Then the B side went kaput. On to head soaking. Then I replaced the 2 dampers. through out it all I would get nozzels back, then they would go away. Finally I called a tech. He replaced the dampers again.No good. He said I need a new head. I also replaced the cap on the MS. Here's is where I'm at now, My research on Signs101 mentioned pulling ink through the drain tubes on the MS. I did this & many nozzels came back. But when I do a head cleaning they go away again. If the head was bad, why would nozzels come & go like that? By the way now,I get the warning k near end, the machine now says the black cart is empty, but theres ink in it. (Gremlins everywhere) I appreciate your help, Thanks, Tom:banghead: