• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 1604 nozzle

andreux01

Hello,
I have a mutoh 1604, I have bought a printhead the last week it's new, today the technician come to calibrate and say what the print head have a problem, whit some nozzles bad, you know maybe what is ? Or can I fix that ? For this they cannot calibrate the machine, and printing whit banding.
Thank you
aaa2808df242c261e50d708194a7c8a4.jpg

Plottermike

It seems like nozzle deflection.
Try to soak the head:
- put the head from the capping,
- take a lintfree piece of cloth "printhead cleaning wipes",
- fold it to put it perfectly fitting INTO the capping and
- soak the cloth with cleaning/flushing solution.
- Then put back the head for an hour on the cloth
after a few strong cleanings maybe better.
If not, try to exchange Damper (valve head)

RG

I had a similar problem with my 1204 (same print head as yours). I called Mutoh and one of their "tech" guys told me to print large blocks of the problem color using a banner 2 profile (540X720 dpi). And, use no color correction so that it will print ONLY that color (in your case, magenta).

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Edit: Woops I was responding to a different post and was on this one by accident!

I would recommend making sure all of the maintenance items are clean as a whistle. You might have a dirty wiper or cap top that is causing the nozzles to deflect.

Last edited:

andreux01

Thank to all, I am trying all solutions, if something have another please say me, the print head is dx5 green conector for mutoh :( only have problem in this channel

Enviado desde mi SM-G935F mediante Tapatalk