• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 1614 - Can't make it through this print

Designer Wraps

Any ideas (see pic)?

Using proper profile on Avery 1005EZRS on our Mutoh 1614 running Flexi 10.0.3 (just updated from .2 thinking this might fix issue; nope).

Makes it about 55% through a 10' print, then starts going nuts - all black with colored edges (spectrum on left/right sides). Then I get the dreaded CURRENT ERROR - which apparently is a catch-all for anything and everything.

This is about the 6th time in a row ... (restarted everything ... I can't think of anything else to try).

Had new head installed about a month ago. Has been fine until now. Friday, this started. Monday, Tues fine. Today, same crap. Really makes no sense and that's what really drives my crazy!

Any thoughts, past experiences or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Sean

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

Designer Wraps

Any file I send. So strange. Was printing fine on banner material earlier today. Just did it again on another file - made it about 80% through this one, then all black ... but no CURRENT ERROR. Glad I caught it, but I'm tired of baby-sitting this thing.

ChicagoGraphics

I'm not a Roland owner but try cleaning the encoder strip, seems when things go weird like that, that's one of the first things to do.

Stealth Ryder

Honestly, it looks like a bad Head... Based on the information you provided you need to explore what is killing the Print Head... Call your Dealer and get a tech back on-site as soon as possible...

Designer Wraps

Honestly, it looks like a bad Head... Based on the information you provided you need to explore what is killing the Print Head...

Yep. This really is the only thing that makes sense. I was afraid of this ...

Stealth Ryder

This is not common, I suspect a cable problem... I have seen evidence almost exactly like the pic you provided and in all cases a bad cable was the culprit, unfortunetly it kills the Head as well in some cases...