• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 1614

designtcd

Hello, I am planning to buy Mutoh 1614 soon, can you give me your opinion, is it a good machine, are there any parts for it, what is the quality of the printer. Thanks in advance

tulsagraphics

I bought mine back in 2009, and it's been a fantastic machine! The colors and print resolution are amazing (properly calibrated, including custom media profiles), and the only repairs I had to make in 12 years were a printhead and a CR motor.
However, I think the 1614 is discontinued (replaced by the 1624?) so if you're buying one, make sure it's a newer model.

designtcd

It's this machine, and the gentleman costs $ 3,500, the machine is in working order, and the head is in working condition, but now I don't know exactly what the head is. Can you tell me if this machine is good, I'm a beginner in the press

designtcd

1_3.jpg

tulsagraphics

I wouldn't bother with an old / used / discontinued machine. The maintenance / repair will cost more than the machine is worth (and it would probably need to be recalibrated by a Mutoh service tech after it has been moved $$$) Thankfully I haven't needed many parts, but even 5 years ago I discovered that distributors were no longer stocking parts for it.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The 1614 has a DX5 head in it and most parts are still available. It is pretty old however if that's your budget and it's in good condition, it's probably worth it.

tulsagraphics

The 1614 has a DX5 head in it and most parts are still available. It is pretty old however if that's your budget and it's in good condition, it's probably worth it.
I can confirm that solventinkjet.com was the ONLY place I could find the parts I needed, and I checked all over the country.