• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 1628X Error E152

jbennett

Printer had been printing great, then out of nowhere I went to take it out of sleep mode and saw some garbled readout on LCD instead of what should be there,. Powered the printer off and back on and No LCD readout initially but error light would light when powered on. Tried turning on and off a few times now I get E152 Error. CR board never has a blown fuse. Have tried Mainboard, CR board, control panel, and power board all. Same error. I saw an old post similar to this but no response or ever told what fixed it. Sure would appreciate any help.

jbennett

Last edited:

jbennett

Turned out being the CR board and Mainboard having to be replaced together. No more E152 now. My issue now is that the ink is draining straight through to the waste tank if I don't take cartridges out on basically all colors. The printer didn't print for nearly 2 months because of the E152 error and it just started doing this during the time it was down. I have a new cap top. Plan is to try it before getting dampers. What does everyone think?

Jbennett

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Turned out being the CR board and Mainboard having to be replaced together. No more E152 now. My issue now is that the ink is draining straight through to the waste tank if I don't take cartridges out on basically all colors. The printer didn't print for nearly 2 months because of the E152 error and it just started doing this during the time it was down. I have a new cap top. Plan is to try it before getting dampers. What does everyone think?

Jbennett

Your tubes are probably partially clogged. I would pop the cap top off and flush each line including the air release tube. You should be able to flush solution all the way through to the waste tank with only a little resistance. If not, just keep pushing through until it feels nice and clear.

Then check your cap top. Make sure none of the fibers of the sponge part are sticking up above the metal mesh. Especially on after market cap tops. Sometimes the fibers stick up and touch the head surface and it creates a wicking effect that drained your cartridges.

Other than that, new dampers can help, and make sure your waste tubes are not submerged in the waste ink. Otherwise it creates a siphon effect which also drains the cartridges.